[AMRadio] Stewart Warner, old radio

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2006 at pctechref.com
Wed Nov 1 10:07:53 EST 2006

	I have been given a Stewart Warner - Ferrodyne Model R-1361-A.  It
is a three band radio.

 Tube line up is as follows.

6F6 Audio output,
6K7 RF,
6A8 mixer/osc,
6K7 IF,
6H6 2nd det,
6J7 1st Audio,
5Y3 Rectifier.

	The output XFMR primary was open, probably due to the gassy 6F6 with
a leaky grid coupler.  The RF stage someone had placed the cathode resistor
on the wrong pin.  Filter capacitors were completely dried out.  This leads
me to another discussion about these round aluminum devices that I think
were oil filled and that I will attend later.

	I suspect that a lot of the components are of the wrong value or
miss wired due to previous service.  If anyone has a wiring diagram and
parts list that I could use then I will sing your praises and send a message
to your wife telling her not to talk bad about you, ETC.

John, WA5BXO