[AMRadio] Ranger... good news, bad news

Vince Werber ka1iic at prexar.com
Sat Nov 4 09:41:46 EST 2006

If you are considering high level modulation on the 6146's you might want
to change the screen resistor to...  generally speaking commercial ham
units use screen resistors to small in value for proper modulation
characteristics...

Check it out for yourself... dig out a tube manual and plug the values
into the formulas and you get a much better screen resistor value...

Just a thought...

But Larry is right... use the lower values in the way he mentioned...  The
screen resistor???  I might have got that from Timtron too many years
ago... ??? <heh>

73
vince

ka1iic at prexar.com