[AMRadio] Re: BC610 110v using one leg of 220

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:02:17 EST 2006

Well, I knew my brain had not gone completely dead.  Turns out this is
a phasing issue using two different circuits.  One is a regular 110
volt going to my exciter.  The other is one side of 220 for the 610.
I figure that I used the wrong side of the 220 to be in phase with the
110 used on my exciter.  The 610 fired up just fine until I hooked up
the coax for the exciter, then a dead short.  I hate to sound ignorant
about such things, but I need to take a rest from it and start over
when my mind is clear.  Got a lot going on trying to get my big iron
on the air again after 6 years...

73 - Brian