[AMRadio] Ranger... good news, bad news

Gary Blau gblau at w3am.com
Sat Nov 4 20:50:04 EST 2006

Yes, the screen mod can be made on its own, as can most of the others.

Although it will change the Z the modulator works into it will not have
a dramatic effect on audio performance which, quite frankly, already
isn't too hot with the stock audio stages and mod xfmr.  (Hence the more
involved audio mods.)

I certainly would not lump a screen adjust mod into the same power
reducing option basket as a T connection and a dummy load or reducing
The compromise in adjusting the screen is a small one.
Try it and see, if you don't like it it's simple enough to take it out.
  FWIW it worked great for me.

If all you want is to reduce the RF to feed a linear then just do the
screen mod, or something like it.  Many ways to skin this cat.  All
depends how complex you want to make things.