[AMRadio] Ranger Xtal Oscillator

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Fri Nov 10 23:14:31 EST 2006

About the only problem left with my Ranger is that I can not use the
xtal oscillator because it will not shut down in Standby.

I have been told that it is probably the xtal so I bought another from a
person who understood the problem but it still does not work.

I was also told that substituting a 12AX7 for the 12AU7 in the keyer was
not allowed so I bought a 12AU7 and this changed nothing and diddling
with the keying pot does not help.  It quiets the VFO but not the xtal.

Any ideas?

js