[AMRadio] 813/811 Rig

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sat Nov 11 12:05:45 EST 2006

KB2WIG at twcny.rr.com wrote:
> One could take the art13, load a few 572s in place of the 811(s) an
> jack up the B+... the original art13  mod tubes and  pa are loafing at
> 1200V....  2kv will give you a lot more punch..

Having invested so much effort into restoring the Ranger, it would be
depressing to shelve it.  The ART13 seems far more complex than what I
need and still falls short.

I want  basically a plate modulated amp that I can drive with the Ranger
exciter and audio.

Back in the good old days, everyone was building these things and I
assume there are a lot of homebrews out there collecting dust.

js