[AMRadio] 813/811 Rig

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Sat Nov 11 12:16:02 EST 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Jack Schmidling wrote:

> Having invested so much effort into restoring the Ranger, it would be
> depressing to shelve it.  The ART13 seems far more complex than what I need
> and still falls short.
>
> I want  basically a plate modulated amp that I can drive with the Ranger
> exciter and audio.
>
> Back in the good old days, everyone was building these things and I assume
> there are a lot of homebrews out there collecting dust.

   A thought: a single 833 might make a nice 'pair of boots' for your
Ranger - simple power supply, tune the grid, tune the plate, Bob's yer
Uncle.

  Especially if you tend to hang on one band a lot...  for example 90% of
my AM work is on 80 meters - so a near-KW amp for that small segment would
be a pretty easy project to accomplish.  And 833s are cheap, plentiful and
nicely un-fussy...

Cheers

John
KB6SCO