[AMRadio] Ranger Xtal Oscillator

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Nov 11 14:52:27 EST 2006

The modulator bias is derived from the 6AL5 supply.  I would be cautious
completely disabling the grid block keyer as it is tied into the VFO and
the crystal oscillator.  I'm sure with careful planning it could be
disabled, but I can't really see any advantage to doing so since you can
simply avoid the "CW" position on the "Operate" switch.  It may be the
keyer that is causing your "Standby" problem, but until I found the
precise problem I don't think I would disable anything for fear of
masking the underlying problem.

Rick