[AMRadio] Ranger Xtal Oscillator

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sat Nov 11 23:27:01 EST 2006

Larry Szendrei wrote:

> Maybe the 6LC6 XTAL osc. isn't wired into the keying circuit?

I am thinking now that it is something like that but my brain is getting
soggy trying to trace the wires.

What I did find is a 100K from pin 9 going ground when it is supposed to
be going to the vfo.  There is a .005 cap going to ground with a jumper
wire around it.  There is a choke that is supposed to go to two lugs on
a term strip but one end is soldered to a black wire that disappears
into the mess.

Also, the 15 mf dual ele under the keyer is actually a resistor and I
thought I had it my the throat.  Replaced it and it made not the
slightest difference.

I gave it up and came in for now.

Looks like tomorrow's Noontime Forum will be back to the rice box.

js