[AMRadio] Ranger Xtal Oscillator

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sat Nov 11 23:46:36 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Jack,
>
> That 100k resistor on pin 9 of V4 is the one you're referring to it
> could surely have an adverse affect if grounded instead of going to the
> grid of V15 through R43.

I don't have the drawings in here so I may have the pins wrong but it is
the one that is supposed to be grounded in the earlier version without
out the keyer.  I went in there with the intent of grounding it to see
if that would bypass the keyer and found this confusion.

>Is C88 the .005 you're referring to?

Will have to check tomorrow.

  >It sure
> sounds like someone before you made some mods to the keyer.

Judging from the wiring inside the VFO, it looks like the keyer was
factory installed as it is very neat.  It's near V3 were things are
really barfy.

js