[AMRadio] HQ-170 - distortion on AM

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:35:01 EST 2006

I've got a HQ-170 in mothballs that I want to get in line for a good
old rx.  Last time I used it something happened where in AM mode, the
audio was badly distorted.  I suspect something in the AGC/AVC
circuit, however if I remember right, it was not easy to isolate, so I
boxed it up for later.  In SSB, it sounds fine, just AM has the
problem.  Any suggestions on where to look first from some of you
HQ-170 owners out there?

73 Brian
w5ami