[AMRadio] HQ-170 - distortion on AM

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Mon Nov 13 13:42:46 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, A.R.S. -  W5AMI wrote:

> I've got a HQ-170 in mothballs that I want to get in line for a good
> old rx.  Last time I used it something happened where in AM mode, the

[snip]

> boxed it up for later.  In SSB, it sounds fine, just AM has the
> problem.  Any suggestions on where to look first from some of you
> HQ-170 owners out there?

   Boil it in alcohol - expose both sides of the chassis to intense UV-C
radiation, then finish with a spray of Lysol - that oughta get rid of
most of the Sideband-Cooties you infested the poor radio with.....

   Afterwards - glue the mode knob on "AM" and leave it that way.

Cheers

John
KB6SCO
DM09fg