[AMRadio] Ranger Modulation

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 12:27:04 EST 2006

> >> Just ordered new audio tubes.

Let's back up for a minute here.  Jack, I know you said you got some
bad audio reports on the air.  What about the amount of audio?  Did
they indicate you were under-modulated?  If not, I wouldn't be so
quick to start replacing stuff in the rig until you determine the mic
is okay or not.  Regarding these audio reports, there are some folks
that are not qualified to even give audio reports.  The stock Ranger
is not going to sound like a BC station and will have little bottom
end, particularly with a D-104.  Did any of these guys offer a
recording so you could hear it yourself?

Why did you order new audio tubes?  Have you determined that's where
the problem is?  Let us know.

73
Brian / w5ami