[AMRadio] Ranger Modulation

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Thu Nov 16 14:30:09 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Jack,
> I would stay with the 55-70 volt modulator current leaning toward the
> high side.  I try to set mine at 65 volts.

I presume that was a typo.  Does anyone challenge this? What is the
effect of different modulator current values.  Changing it risks
breaking the wire on that resistor... which BTW, Rick sent to me as a gift.

Why would Johnson change the value so drastically from one manual to the
next?

Does the 6l6 have anything to do with my problem?

>I would also put the output
> leads from the modulation transformer back as they were...

Will do.

>If you haven't
> replaced C69, I would.

Don't remember... I am getting soggy.