[AMRadio] Ranger Audio... the numbers

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Nov 17 11:06:22 EST 2006

Jack,
The adjustable resistor (R35) has a direct affect on the screen of the
6146, so that is normal if the clamper (V6) is performing correctly.
I'm sorry, I have lost track of what you have checked/replaced, but I
would substitute a known good 6AQ5 if you haven't.  You may have to
adjust R35 to get the needed screen voltage on the 6146.  Be sure and
check the 11K ohm resistor (R38) as I have found this three resistor
network to be out of tolerance more than once.
Rick