[AMRadio] Ranger Audio... the Pics

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sun Nov 19 20:05:28 EST 2006

k0ng at inebraska.com wrote:

> Hello Jack: One last suggestion from me, if you use a headphone near
> the microphone
> it can form a "Helmholtz" resonator effect which is to say that the
> audio will be
> narrowed up so I would use a speaker (3-10 inch dia) as a source.

Interestingly, I suspected something like that but didn't know it had a
name.  The head phone seems to be a good one (Koss) but this now seems
to be irrelevant but a good learning experience.

I went to the headphone because I had to keep the receiver in a
different room using a speaker.  This precluded listening to changes as
I made them.  Turns out apparently, the fidelity was already lost so the
changes made no difference.

Great input!

> Is there no one near you who can help??

Not within a reasonable drive and then I wouldn't learn anything.

Thanks,

js