[AMRadio] band warming / the VE and the V

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 10:01:27 EST 2006

I was talking last night with Paul VE7KHZ about the
Dec. 15th phone band expansion in the U.S., and we
agreed that this will allow those of us south of the
border to finally join the AMers who have been active
in the 3725-3750Kc region for quite a while now.  So
in your travels, drive past that zone too for some
celebratory activity Friday and the weekend.

To mark the occasion, I applied for a 1x1, K3V for
"vintage" (and to cue the VJB reference). I personally
think it would be great to hear a bunch 1x1 on AM that
weekend, since the Special Event Call Sign system has
not been in widespread use on AM.

http://www.ncvec.org/1x1.php

It took me about five minutes to apply for and receive
K3V.

What say OMs  ??

Paul/VJB