[AMRadio] SS nice guy report

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 10:08:12 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, VJB <wa3vjb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Classy fellow.
>
> They ARE out there.

Yes they are, Paul. I've met a few over the years who either made
mention of avoiding the AM areas of the band, or moved away to give
adequate room.

I've also met those who piss and moan about how horrible AMers are as
a group. I'll admit that, like any group, we do have a few knot-heads
out there. But they are the exception, not the rule. This is easily
proven by sampling a number of AM QSOs on any given night.

With contesters I see just the opposite. The vast majority give no
thought to their impact on others and instead seem to believe that
it's "their weekend" to own the bands and non-participants should
accept it and go away. It might not be as bad if there weren't
contests most weekends.

Still, I find your experience with K3DI encouraging. Thanks for
passing it along. We can always hope, and work towards a better
result.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ