[AMRadio] SS nice guy report

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Tue Nov 21 14:28:48 EST 2006

Forgive me for going on a tirade here but I'm going to say something that
needs to be said since the topic of operating and corntesting format came
up. We as a group, (myself included) in the AM community are very quick to
point out the shortcomings and lack of operating ettiquette by the
corntesters, Marconi net etc. But I think we ought to take a good look in
the mirror and point the finger at ourselves before pointing it at others.
There's a lot of poor operating going on out there such as 'belching',
operators getting "half-in-the-bag" where upon every other is F-this and
F-that, strapping wars, etc. We try to call attention to the poor operations
of the corntesters and "sad-sack" nets, but by doing so, we place ourselves
squarely under the magnifing glass. We need to stop this type of crap and
not encourage others to do it either. Because then we are no better than the
"groups" and should get the same 'spanking' as they do. I'm not claiming to
be a sterling operator, and consider myself just as guilty by not doing
nothing about it. People know that I'll say what's on my mind regardless of
where the chips fall. If I offended anyone then I apologize. End of rant!
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK