[AMRadio] SS nice guy report

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Tue Nov 21 14:45:06 EST 2006

Hi Mike,

Well thought-out, and well-spoken --- kudos!

Many is the time that I've encouraged non-Ham folks visiting the shack to
listen-in on some "typical" Ham talk on the air waves...in those moments, I
specifically make it a point to always avoid tuning any of the AM windows.

After all, who wants to hear somebody force-belching --- or even worse ---
into an open mic...? And these are the characters that I'm supposed to
present to my non-Ham friends, admitting that I freely chose to associate
with them in my operating sessions in front of the rig, night after
night...?

Hardly...I'm no prude by any stretch of the imagination, but if first
impressions mean a lot, then there is certainly precious little to impress
newbies with those examples of the "...gutter culture" that the AM
communuity seems to continually wink at, or merely turns a blind eye
toward...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ