[AMRadio] Experience with Ocean State Electronics

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 16:08:43 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Don Buska wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Any one have experience with Ocean State Electronics up in RI?    I was
> impressed with the few items useful for the BA'er.  Back on October 19th I
> placed an order via the web for a bunch of Phonelic Coil forms and some
> resistors.  They charged my credit card on October 27th.  As of yet I have
> received nothing.  Since you pay for Priority Mail and their terms indicate
> your not charged until it ships I'd have expected it several weeks ago.

   They say:   [especially note sentence 4...]

"

                                                        UPDATE 11/16/06
Our server problems are fixed. However, we are way behind. Our shipping
time right now is about 1 week from the time an order is placed. For those
who placed orders the prior several weeks those orders have now been
processed or in the process of being processed and are shipping now or
will be shipping shortly. Since we have noted of our delays on our
website, we will not answer emails that ask for order status when orders
were just placed or placed just a couple of days ago. We hope to be all
caught up soon. To those customers who have been patient with us through
this, we extend a big Thank You!!

The Ocean State Electronics Team"

   True or no - there is some more along the same lines at :

http://www.oselectronics.com/contact.htm

  I've had no dealings with them - but I do run three (related) home
businesses and I work full-time as well - sometimes it all goes to Hell so
fast that ya have to just stop for a moment and marvel at the Chaos you've
created...

  Cheers

John
KB6SCO