[AMRadio] SS nice guy report

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Tue Nov 21 23:12:04 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> It is truly sad to listen to such non sense on the amateur bands whether
> it's AM or SSB.  The two things I have always appreciated most about the
> AM crowd is their knowledge and gentlemanly behavior

Well, I met my first "belcher slob" tonite.

I made a tentative sched with WD5JKO for 9:30 in the hope that he would
get my email response to his telling me he heard me last night.

Most of the activity was on 80 so it was quiet on 85... so far so good.
    Some guy starts calling CQ or something close to that with a nice
loud sig so I thought if he could hear me, we could keep the channel open.

Spending 15 mins with this guy was about as bad as it can get.  He would
tell me what he was running, belch and then turn it back after asking me
what I was running, belch.  This highly intellectual exchange was made
about 5 times and I finally said I had to go potty and would he keep an
ear out for Jim.  Sure belch will belch belch.

Nothing heard form Jim so I listened on 80 for awhile and there  he was
again, grossing out that gang.

Aside from that, it looks like I can make it into Texas under the right
condx so I would like to invite anyone on this group to try to blast the
either tomorrow night at 9:30 Chicago time.  It would be fun to actually
talk to hams on the radio.

73  K9ACT