[AMRadio] band warming / the VE and the V

Albert Santangelo ve3ajm at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 22 00:51:58 EST 2006

If the Americans were allowed to operate down to 3500kc on phone, they wouldn't
hestitate to do so.

There are a lot of CW ops between 3600-3700kc right now as well...I don't hear
you admonishing the Americans not to operate down there on phone Ed. You'd get
laughed off the block real quick if you tried. The Americans will displace a lot
of the CW operations between 3600-3700kc. Lets be fair and clear about that.

I won't have any problem welcoming the US AM ops..they're not the problem..its
all the other garbage/SSB qrm games..etc..that will follow.

This is the feedback I'm getting from most of the Canadian AM operators who are
active on the 75/80m band.

Al
VE3AJM