[AMRadio] SS nice guy report

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Nov 22 08:37:53 EST 2006

I always thought Tim was an original, and harmless,
when in a one on one QSO, he makes for a pleasant QSO.

He does have a lot of imitators though, who just
sound like morons to me.

There are a LOT of ego's on 80 meters, people who love to
show off their knowledge and/or money.
Its quite cliquish. I don't think many of the guys
who operate regularly on 80 realize how they come across
to a casual listener....I know it turns me off.

40 meters seems lots better, just a large amount of
hams of all sorts running all sorts of AM gear.
You get to work new guys with modified dx60's or
homebrew rigs, or almost anything you can think of,
new guys, old timers, low and high power, and almost
never hear any sort of attitude.

Maybe that is why I never fixed the 80 meter dipole...

Brett
N2DTS