[AMRadio] Re: AM BANDWARMING

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:13:31 EST 2006

So far, the specific frequencies I have heard mentioned are:  3610, 3650 and
3685.  Any others?  How many separate frequencies should we attempt?  I
think we should try for four in the new Extra class segment.

This should be well decided and publicised days in advance of the opening
moment.

I have to get up at 5:20 Friday morning.  Plan to take a nap Thursday
evening after dinner and get up in time for the initial band opening at
12:01 AM, but I probably won't try to stay on for more than an hour.  Friday
evening should be interesting.

Let's see if there are any SSB jammers.  Shouldn't be, since there will be
more than enough room on the band for everyone.

Are any specific frequencies being planned for the Advanced and General
segments?

Generals will have access to the vicinity of 3825, where there already is AM
activity regularly in late afternoon/early evening hours, as well as the
longstanding Canadian AM frequency of 3725, which will be open to Advanced
and Extra.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/