[AMRadio] Re: AM BANDWARMING

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:44:47 EST 2006

On 11/22/06, Donald Chester <k4kyv at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect some readers may have misinterpreted this thread, so let's clarify
> the issue.

> The idea is to occupy several frequencies throughout the new allocations,
> and for each station to hop between these QSO's, so that the entire AM
> presence on the new frequencies doesn't end up on one frequency in one huge
> roundtable.  Better to keep each group limited in size to 3 or 4
> participants at most, and for each participant to shuffle from one AM group
> to another throughout the early morning and evening of the 15th.

Good luck there, Don! I've been trying to get that to happen for a
while now, instead the 'Clump Factor' results. And if I or others
leave a conversation to start up another one, often the other
conversation ends up on that frequency.

I'll be there, regardless of whether I've upgrade to Extra or not.
Here's hoping enough participants show up to make this idea work. If
nothing else, 3-4 people calling CQ on different frequencies should
offer some respectable AM beacons for others to home in on. Other than
the few bad nights we've had recently, I've heard a lot of activity on
75 as well as 160.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ