[AMRadio] 75 Meters Long Already

KA5MIR ars.ka5mir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 00:14:52 EST 2006

Hello Jack,
> What am I missing?  What is wrong with "long skip"?

Nothing, as long as it's not your only choice.

Normally, you can "generally" choose your skip distance by selecting the
appropriate band for the time of day.  20 and up for longer distances.  40
short during the day and longer at night.  75 and 160 for shorter
distances.  ...there are exceptions of course.

For the last few months, we've lost the choice of short skip on 75 at night.
160 is difficult for a lot of folks, antenna wise.  So...  No more talking
to your buddies within a couple hundred miles late in the evening or night.

73',
KA5MIR