[AMRadio] New Transmitter

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Nov 27 08:13:08 EST 2006

The Bill Orr handbooks are best.

4-250/400 tubes like 2500 to 4000 volts on the plates,
they don't work as well at lower voltages.

All the designs are somewhat standard, you do not need
a final product, all the designs are the same, just the tubes change.

Pie-net or push pull, screens or not, there is not much else.

I look at all the designs I can find and take things I like
from each design, and add my own stuff.
I like FULL metering, grid voltage, grid current,
screen voltage and current for each final tube, plate current,
plate voltage, filament voltage.
I like resetable overload relays in screen circuits.
I like grid leak bias with a fixed protection bias, with the diode
that allows the grid leak to go as high as it wants.
I like a big pot so I can adjust the grid leak resistance.
I like a choke and big pot to allow the screens of a final to self
modulate.
I like a variac for bias and screen voltage, so you can set the
voltages anywhere, even use it as a linier amp.

I like moderate voltage tubes, like the 811/812 or 813's,
as under modulation, the voltage can more then double with voice
peaks, and 8000 plus volts on things takes special care.

Brett
N2DTS