[AMRadio] Canadian Marconi Mod xfmr

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 10:14:53 EST 2006

While others are trying to get some info on xfmrs, I'd like to take a
shot at this myself.

I have a Modulation xfmr made by the Canadian Marconi company.  This
is a sealed job filled with oil or some sort of liquid as you can hear
it if you can manage to move it around.  It probably weighs nearly one
hundred pounds, maybe more, and has a grip handle on the top.

I don't have the model number of it right now, however I'd like to
know what sort of transmitters CMC typically supplied mod iron for.
Military, broadcast?

I've tried to ID this before with the numbers stamped on the thing,
however no one has ever been able to find it listed anywhere.

73
Brian / w5ami