[AMRadio] Wanted: 6DS4 Nuvistors

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 12:12:01 EST 2006

Hey Todd,

Yeah, the 6CW4's are supposed to be a direct replacement.  Seems the
diff is that the 6DS4 is sharp cutoff, or maybe the other way around.
I suspect they would work fine for the Ameco preamp.  I'm in no hurry,
just getting all the stuff out of boxes where they have been stored
for 5+ years and going through things.  The preamp is dead now, and
the only thing I can figure is one or both the tubes are shot.
There's not that much to this thing ;)

Thanks!
Brian