[AMRadio] Wanted: 6DS4 Nuvistors

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 12:19:57 EST 2006

If you come across the mother lode of either one and want a purchasing
partner, give a yell. I wouldn't mind snagging a bunch more myself. I
haven't used anything with nuvistors long enough to figure out life
expectancy, but I've replaced a lot of them in rigs I've gotten.
Leaves me wondering if they crap out fast. A lot of the 50s-60s gear,
mainly VHF, seems to use them. They do work well.

You sounded fabulous up here last Friday with the Bartlesville
transmitter. Wonderful audio, 20+ over S9.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ