[AMRadio] Wanted: 6DS4 Nuvistors

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Wed Nov 29 12:45:04 EST 2006

Have you tested the tubes and which Ameco preamp? Also, make sure all the
pins of the tube are straight as they go into the socket. They're not all
that rigid, and if one is bent as you push it into the socket, you may
not be able to feel the difference. Given proper filament and plate
voltage, these things can last a long time. Most of the nuvistors in my
Clegg stuff are still original and the rigs still perform fine. Testing
the preamp with a generator and a scope should not be a big problem.

Pete, wa2cwa