[AMRadio] Telescoping pole

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Nov 30 12:41:03 EST 2006

I have used them a lot, pound a long iron pipe into
the ground, and use U bolts to hold the mast to the pipe.
Some sort of anchor to the side of the house and you are
good to go. I put a pulley at the top so it can
stay up.
They rust badly over time, and from a steady sideways load
assume a ( over time.

After 10 years it was still up but looking real nasty
and I had rust stains on the side of the house.
It used to hold one end of the 80 meter dipole up,
and I took it all down and tossed it all in the trash.

I need to put up an 80 meter dipole, but will use trees
to hold it up.
I thought about something really thin and light to hold the center
of the 40 meter dipole up, but it would need to be real thin
else the xyl will have a fit...

Brett
N2DTS