[AMRadio] Major winter storm

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Nov 30 15:50:28 EST 2006

The winter storm is now moving through The South of Oklahoma
with all it's fury.  The thunder storms of last night have
migrated far enough East that I do not hear static crashes
any longer.

Behind it the noise on 75 meters has dropped to almost
nothing at 2:30 PM.  I am listening to a couple of stations
on 3.880 and between their transmissions, the S meter drops
to S 1.  I believe this is going to herald good conditions,
especially for long distant contacts after the storm clears
the East coast.

Hopefully, 160 will be good as well.  But you guys East of
us better batten down the hatches and be sure your antennas
can stand bad conditions.  Trees and my dipoles have about
1/4 inch of ice on them.  They are still up and I hope it
ends soon.

Jim
W5JO