[AMRadio] 183D vs 303 ?

Alan Cohen acohen at texas.net
Tue Oct 3 09:36:21 EDT 2006

The NC-183 and NC-183D are essentially bandswitched versions of the
HRO-50 and HRO-60.  The difference between the HRO-50 and 60 is that
the 60 uses double conversion on higher bands.  Similarly, the
NC-183D uses double conversion while the plain old NC-183 does not.
All four receivers have a pair of push-pull 6V6's in the output.
These receivers were designed before single sideband became popular,
and did not have product detectors.

The NC-300 and 303's were designed with ssb in mind.  They both have
single-ended audio output stages, selectable sidebands, and product
detectors.

Alan WA2DZL