[AMRadio] First Wednesday -- how was it ?

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Thu Oct 5 21:59:39 EDT 2006

Brian,

   You were very loud in Round Rock, Texas. My XYL came in right as I turned
it to you, and I missed out on you turning it over to Bill K5PML.
Yes the noise was bad, as was 3880 LSB SSB, 3878 LSB SSB, and another AM QSO
on 3885. My SP-600 just could not do it with the weaker stations since the
QRM all blended in with the person I was trying to copy. Opening up to 8 kc
bandwidth, and it was like the Borg queen hearing all the voices of the
collective at the same time!! Last night was made for razor sharp mechanical
filters, passband tuning, DSP, audio processing before the headphones, etc.
The Icom R-75 made the difference last night, but when the guy in Dallas
come on with the KW-1, back to the SP-600 at 8kc; Wall to wall angel music.

Regards,
Jim