[AMRadio] Amended rules (Dkt No.04-140)

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:21:08 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Brian Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> OK sorry guys - read further and saw what they are proposing.

Not proposing, Brian: implementing. Stay tuned for increased phone
spectrum in the existing bands. Not that it will do away with the
perceived frequency ownership issues or nonsense nets (reserved
ragchew frequencies).

At least we'll have more space to spread out. Now, if we can just get
half of the people who need a 'net' as an excuse to get on AM to fire
up without someone holding their hand for them, AM will flourish.

Thank God for the tall ships like Don Chester 'KYV, 'HUZ, 'HLR and
others who keep the AM flag waving regularly. May the increase in
phone spectrum bring along an increase in activity.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ