[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:27:11 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> Don't make the same mistake "they" did 25 to 30 years ago by defining an
> AM pen area. AM is phone; use it wherever your license class allows.
> Or, maybe all can wait for the ARRL Band Plan.

I agree with your approach Pete, except for the AM band plan part. The
ARRL doesn't even respect its own band plan on 40m and fires up its
bulletin service right smack on the AM calling frequency, so I don't
hold out any hope that their way will be anything but more of the
same.

Use it all, phone is phone. It's not like the SSB users have any
respect for the so-called AM window.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ