[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 13:57:17 EDT 2006

Considering the fact that you are outnumbered by 500 to 1 at any given time,
I would think it wise to stay up at the top of each band and not go sit in
an area where DX is typically found, which is usually at the bottom of each
band.  Also, since a strong SSB signal can wreak havoc with an AM signal,
you're not going to win the battle for the frequency.  I operate SSB and AM
and I have seen the results of head to head confrontations.  Back in the
50's and 60's when SSB was just emerging, they were allocated by gentlemen's
agreement to the top of each band because they were the minority.  Now AM is
the minority so it makes sense for AM'ers to inhabit the top frequencies.
Why fight a fight that you can't win?

Bob  W6TR