[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 14:59:51 EDT 2006

I am in the Tampa area.  The reason I sold my 20V2 and 20V3 was once you
work the 30 or 40 stations that seem to hang out on 3885,  you're done.  I
don't usually get on in the morning so I don't know what type of activity is
on 75.  I really don't think that it's too smart to put an AM signal on 3795
in the evening.  You(we) are still the minority, you can question the ratio,
but since all AM'ers do is "lock and talk" and hardly ever chase DX, why
would you even consider going into the "DX part" of the bands.  AM'ers need
friends, not enemies.  BTW, I don't know what you define as a "strapping
signal"  but I would go up against the best with my SSB signal, especially
in the DX window.  If you want to set up a schedule sometime, let's see who
gets heard on a common frequency out to the mid west.

Bob W6TR