[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Oct 12 16:10:40 EDT 2006

Could the reason for the DX window from 3.780-3.8 be because some ITU
regions are not be licensed to operate above 3.8?  I remember when even the
US stations couldn't go below 3.8.  So given, couldn't the DX window be
moved to the low end of the band?

Not that I suggest upsetting some SSBer's apple cart, but now that U.S. hams
can go all the way to 3.6, that gives a lot of space for DX operation.  In
fact, we might see a lot of cross region operation, and with the growing
popularity of AM on the European continent, we might actually hear some AM
DX on the band this winter.

73  Jim
W5JO