[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Oct 12 16:18:28 EDT 2006

Hey Todd, do you suppose we could start a net and register it with the ARRL
National Traffic System?  I believe the FCC took a line from that old movie
series by the 3 Stooges by saying, "Spread Out"  If we formed a couple of
NTS recognized nets and published frequencies, we would have the right to
the frequency according to the de facto rules.  We just need to be vigilant
to be sure the ARRL doesn't try to hog it all for some particular group.

I am looking forward to working a bunch of guys up in your current location
this winter and I hope you bore a hole through all the Aflack bunch down in
FL.  WW9W in FL does get on when the static isn't too bad and we hear him
with just 100 watts.  So chances are good.  Move carefully.

73  Jim
W5JO