[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Thu Oct 12 16:50:08 EDT 2006

I have been reading the traffic here with heightened interest.  For me the existing 80M AM window is fine so long as:

1.) We invite the 3878 quacks to QSY down 100KC or so
2.) The SSB stations on 3880, 3883, 3885, 3888, 3890, and 3893 all find another rock to hide under.

If this is done, we have room for 2-3 AM QSO's at the same time, and no need for razor sharp filters, etc. to reject the QRM.

I guess I'm easy to please! This will never happen! :-)

I like the suggestions given already of establishing a AM net at the bottom end of the Advanced portion, say 3705. I do not hold an extra ticket...

Regards,
Jim
JKO