[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 12 17:28:54 EDT 2006

When the phone band expands, there  will be plenty of room below 3800 to
operate.  I suggest somewhere lower in the band, towards 3700.  Also, extras
will be able to  go on  down to 3600.  As quiet is the present 3750-3775 is
most of time, I doubt if 3600-3700 will be jam-packed with signals anytime
soon.

The 3790-3800 DX window will likely remain active to accomodate Generals,
who will operate split and transmit just above 3800.  Even now advanced can
go down to 3775 and extras to 3750, but the window remains at 3790.

I am all for imposing AM presence anywhere in the band we can legally
operate, but no point in deliberately kicking a wasp nest.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/