[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Craig Carter craig-carter at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 12 22:09:38 EDT 2006

OK, here is my $0.02 worth... I've always REALLY wanted a big green (Heath Indians) station. I fell in love with the rigs in the mid 60's when I first got my ticket. I had an Apache as a Novice, with the SB-10 when I made General. What a looker (to me anyway). Now I've got 'em... Heck, I've got an entire tribe! They are EVERYWHERE, garage, office, shack... You name it, there is a Heathkit Indian setting there. Some are ready and able, some are being restored, some are parts doners. The last time I was on AM, I used my Icom 746. I really like AM, but why limit myself to only AM? Right now I'm having a blast on PSK 31. I've been doing it for a number of years, and recently decided to do WAC. Great fun. I just picked up a KWM-2. I already have a mint condition Heath Marauder. After I get tired of the digital, it's gonna be vintage SSB. I can smell it coming... TOYS TOYS!!! Wheee!

  73 Craig K6QI