[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

kk4tr kk4tr at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:51:59 EDT 2006

After reading this reply to AM thread, I was wondring where you have been
the last 20+ years???  The "modern" HF trranscievers do have a LOW LEVEL
form of am transmission. Unfortunately it is no comparison to the "old Plate
Modulated Boat anchors"  . It's like some one who restores old cars.  They
don't make those either but they are still pretty popular don't you agree??
No one says they can't drive on the street. They are a relic of the past
technology.  As far as having a special "window of operation" for this mode
of transmission,  I think that this is not necessary. Just having things the
way they are now with an agreement among the amateur community is much
better than having the FCC getting more involved with amateur radio than
they already are.  We should be careful what we ask for. We just might get
it!!!!   Can't we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Joe KK4TR