[AMRadio] My visit to FlexRadio - SDR-1000 Transceiver

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:48:32 EDT 2006

On 10/13/06, Jim Candela <jcandela at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
>     Just a few weeks ago I knew nothing about the SDR-1000, and now I have had my interest peaked.

Yeah, that's just too...modern for me. (o:

I have to say, though - they sound GREAT. Dave, W9AD in Chicago uses
his frequently and the audio is outstanding. Someone else I talked
with recently was running one also - maybe it was you, Brian? And it's
US-made too, hm?

Like the Class E stuff, it's yet another example of how the mode of AM
is anything but useless, outdated, or any of the other slurs uttered
by those jealous of natural audio.

Keep us posted as to your situation, Jim. Christmas is still a couple
months off, giving you time to make amens for any lapses in judgement
over the past year, thereby avoiding the proverbial lump of coal
(broken yaecomwood 2mtr CB) in your stocking.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ