[AMRadio] Phone band expansion

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Fri Oct 13 16:56:26 EDT 2006

Bob Maser wrote:
> On that
> subject, I can't understand why the Advanced hams don't go down and pass
> the Extra written exam, especially since the code requirements have been
> eliminated....

Why bother?  It is my understanding that soon all Advanced operators
will be automatically upgraded to Extra.

The real question is.... what is the point of Extra Class?  Why not just
downgrade us to Advanced?  The whole program is totally stupid these days.

As with all hobbies, this one thrives on magazines, advertising,
equipment sales and job programs for promoters.  The best interests of
the hobbiest are not a very high priority.

js