[AMRadio] New Old Rig Heard

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at jam.rr.com
Fri Oct 13 19:35:07 EDT 2006

In my earlier post, I mentioned a station on 3885 that was using a 2e26 rig
despite all of the qrm.

After 37 years as an active ham, plus over 3 years as a mostly ham band swl
prior to that, I get excited whenever I hear an older rig on the air that I
have not heard of before.

Last night was one of those rare occurrences. The 2e26 rig I heard was a
Subraco transmitter.

The only internet references I've found are to a higher power 80 - 10 meter
transmitter, and to a 30 watt 10/11 meter mobile rig. Of course, that was 30
watts input.

I didn't get the model number of the one I heard, but the audio sounded
good, especially for 10 watts of carrier on a crowded frequency.

Mike Duke, K5XU