[AMRadio] Phone band expansion gone off topic

Tom tchesek at epix.net
Sat Oct 14 00:37:34 EDT 2006

I see this topic come up so many times during the course of a year so I
guess that I should turn in my Extra-light license because I'm not as smart
or as worthy as those who think they are better than others because they
possess the "real" license earned back in the good-old days. I'm convinced
that they are the same people who walked to school 20 miles each way uphill
in the snow while carrying their little sister. I, on the other hand, had to
ride a bus about 10 miles...a piece of cake and I didn't learn fortitude.
(Plus my little sister sat beside me)

I've decided to demand that the FCC require me to learn 50wpm code and have
a doctorate in Electrical Engineering instead of just an A.A. in Electronic
Technology from my Community College. Of course while I'm at it I will
demand that they require ALL Advanced and old-time Extras to learn and prove
proficiency on each and every mode of transmission including voice whether
they have a desire to use those modes or not.. They will have to speak
proper English and use proper punctuation in William Shakespeare style while
using voice mode. No hillbilly talk like I hear now on the radio. No
African-American, French, German, Italian, or other dialects or accents.
They must also demonstrate AM, FM, SSB, LSB,USB, DSB, digital, RTTY, spread
spectrum and on and on and on. Since they are so smart they will also have
to build every piece of equipment that they use including RTTY printers, and
make their own batteries with material mined by them too. After all if they
buy a battery then they are lazy. Also, since communication had it's roots
in early cultures they must show proficiency on smoke signals and beating
logs with sticks.

I'm 55 years old and have had to readjust my career to changing times. I
worked for 3 companies in 28 years and now 10 companies in the last 4 years
within the IT field. It is a different world with much younger people in
charge. START ADJUSTING! There is plenty for everyone to enjoy in this hobby
and I'm humbled by the learned ones who share their knowledge without desire
of receiving platitudes but BORED by those fixated on the code issue
especially.

73,
Tom K3TVC/nc

I signed with the /nc because it matters so much to you real Hams to know
that you are better. Oh God, I'm not worthy.

hi hi